Columbia University is committed to promoting a safe environment for minors who participate in our programs and activities. We have taken a number of important steps to establish safeguards for your child:
- We have revised our policy on Reporting Suspected Abuse and Maltreatment of Minors.
- We have established clear requirements for reporting abuse and maltreatment.
- We have widely disseminated a flyer reminding employees and volunteers how to make a report.
- We have developed a website that contains valuable information on the protection of minors at Columbia.
- We are educating members of the University community about the signs of abuse and maltreatment and how to make a report.
- We are requiring certain categories of adults who participate in programs or activities involving minors to clear criminal background checks and other screening requirements.
You can read the University’s policy and access other helpful resources at http://compliance.columbia.edu/minors.html.