Dive into DDC’s fall programming!
• The U. S. Department of Education renews DDC’s Talent Search grant
• New DDC position to intensify support for students and alumni
• Dive into DDC’s fall programming!
• All Things ALUMNI
DDC’s Growing Partnership with Columbia University’s Zuckerman Institute
• Composting: Reduce Waste and Improve the Environment - DDCamp and BioBus, a Zuckerman Institute Partner
Final Project by Hallelujah G., DDC ‘2025
• Neuroscience and Bioethics: The Intersection of Consent and Addiction - Brainyac/Zuckerman Institute
Final project by Paola F., DDC ‘22
Civic Engagement and Civil Rights
• Learning Civic Responsibility through Community Action
• Lost Voices of Civil Rights Activism in Harlem Schooling
From College Access to College Success:
• Inaugural DDCamp for Middle Schoolers
• DDC Seniors Set Themselves Up for College Success
• Unbecoming Me - Explorations of Black Girlhood
• DDC’s Code Nation - Building Interactive Websites
• Insights from Oscar H., DDC ’21 and Jackie N., DDC ’20, Princeton
• DDC launches the Book Club and the Writing Center!
• Comprehensive Guide to New York Climate Action
By Lisvanny Polanco, DDC’21, Anna Beckmann and Daniel Levine-Suarez
• DDC Students Discuss COVID-19
• Environmental Injustice
• DDC students investigate social and environmental issues in New York City
• DDC’s First Holiday Gift Box Event: Thank You for Your Support!
• Reflections on DDC’s Accomplishments in a Year of Unprecedented Challenges
• Columbia University Partners
• Columbia Students and Alumni Working as Instructional Partners
DDC College and Career Success (CCS)
• Discovering their “Best Fit” College at DDC!
Back to School!
• So Excited to Be Back! Reflections from Students, Instructors and Counselors
• Highlights of DDC’s Fall 2020 Program
2020 Summer Programming - Grand Finale!
• Summer Institute - Writing Intensive
• Summer Academy - The Art of Debate
• Summer Academy - Engineering Big Ideas
• Cookology 101
• Urban Planning
• NYC Hour
• Congratulations to DDC’s Class of 2020!
• DDC’s Summer Programs Address Summer Learning Melt
• DDC 7th Grader Learns Science at Columbia University’s Zuckerman
Institute - Joseph Dunker Jr., DDC’ 2024, and His Mother, Mrs. Keisha
• Healthy Minds & Bodies (HMB) Launches Website to Help DDC Students Cope
with the COVID-19 Crisis!
• What is the DDC College Success Mentor Initiative?
• DDC Alumna to DDC Counselor Paying It Forward
• DDC is Now Virtual!
• Calls for Assistance Surge and HMB Steps Up Care of DDC Families
• Post It and They Will Come! The Instagram Relaunch of ColumbiaDDC!
• Financial Literacy Program: Understanding Finances to Build Wealth
• Student/Parent Spotlight: Shawn Mitchell Yon, DDC’23, and his father, Mr. Yon
• Bridging the STEM divide
• Student Spotlight: Yelissa Lopez DDC’20
• Equipped to grow, flourish and touch the sky! DDC Alumni and Volunteer reflections, 1965 - 2016
• Career Explorations: engineering and entertainment industries
• Spotlight: Darlene Reyes, 2020 Fulbright Research Fellow
• The Atlantic and Hewlett Packard!!!
• Students showcase their fall semester accomplishments
• Spotlight: Social Entrepreneur Nahid Uddin DDC’20
• November 23rd & 24th was DDC’s first annual Gratitude Weekend!
• Aisha Haynes joins DDC as Pedagogical Specialist
• Alum Spotlight: Carla Luna DDC’12
• BRAINYAC, where DDC students fall in love with neuroscience
• October was College Reps month at DDC!
• Alum Spotlight: Laurent Delly DDC’91
• Students tackle the 1619 Project
• Why Healthy Minds and Bodies (HMB)?
• Student Spotlight: Destiny Howell DDC ‘19
• DDC launches Fellowship Program for Columbia Graduate students to teach community youth
• Macquarie LEADS Summer Internship 1) The Reviews Are In! 2) Highlights
• Student Spotlight: Jailyssa Torres DDC’20
• DDC Summer Academy is in full swing!
• DDC launches the Writing Intensive Institute
• Student Spotlight: Ernesto Pena, DDC’20, and his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Luciano
• Students working for social justice from behind the camera - YANY LinkNYC
• Students attend the Freedom and Citizenship Seminar presented by professors from Columbia and Princeton
• Students selected for LEADS, a summer internship from the Macquarie Group, the global investment bank and financial services company
• Student Spotlight: Deborah Oyede, DDC’20
• Media & Arts Course, in partnership with NBCUniversal and Young Audiences New York (YANY)
• College Tours
• College Discovery Day with mentors from Columbia and Barnard
• Student Spotlight: Clark Desire Jr. DDC’21, and his mother, Kaime Desire, PA President at A. Philip Randolph Campus High School