2020 Summer Programming - Grand Finale!
• Summer Institute - Writing Intensive
• Summer Academy - The Art of Debate
• Summer Academy - Engineering Big Ideas
• Cookology 101
• Urban Planning
• NYC Hour
• Congratulations to DDC’s Class of 2020!
• DDC’s Summer Programs Address Summer Learning Melt
• DDC 7th Grader Learns Science at Columbia University’s Zuckerman
Institute - Joseph Dunker Jr., DDC’ 2024, and His Mother, Mrs. Keisha
• Healthy Minds & Bodies (HMB) Launches Website to Help DDC Students Cope
with the COVID-19 Crisis!
• What is the DDC College Success Mentor Initiative?
• DDC Alumna to DDC Counselor Paying It Forward
• DDC is Now Virtual!
• Calls for Assistance Surge and HMB Steps Up Care of DDC Families
• Post It and They Will Come! The Instagram Relaunch of ColumbiaDDC!
• Financial Literacy Program: Understanding Finances to Build Wealth
• Student/Parent Spotlight: Shawn Mitchell Yon, DDC’23, and his father, Mr. Yon
• Bridging the STEM divide
• Student Spotlight: Yelissa Lopez DDC’20
• Equipped to grow, flourish and touch the sky! DDC Alumni and Volunteer reflections, 1965 - 2016
• Career Explorations: engineering and entertainment industries
• Spotlight: Darlene Reyes, 2020 Fulbright Research Fellow
• The Atlantic and Hewlett Packard!!!
• Students showcase their fall semester accomplishments
• Spotlight: Social Entrepreneur Nahid Uddin DDC’20
• November 23rd & 24th was DDC’s first annual Gratitude Weekend!
• Aisha Haynes joins DDC as Pedagogical Specialist
• Alum Spotlight: Carla Luna DDC’12
• BRAINYAC, where DDC students fall in love with neuroscience
• October was College Reps month at DDC!
• Alum Spotlight: Laurent Delly DDC’91
• Students tackle the 1619 Project
• Why Healthy Minds and Bodies (HMB)?
• Student Spotlight: Destiny Howell DDC ‘19
• DDC launches Fellowship Program for Columbia Graduate students to teach community youth
• Macquarie LEADS Summer Internship 1) The Reviews Are In! 2) Highlights
• Student Spotlight: Jailyssa Torres DDC’20
• DDC Summer Academy is in full swing!
• DDC launches the Writing Intensive Institute
• Student Spotlight: Ernesto Pena, DDC’20, and his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Luciano
• Students working for social justice from behind the camera - YANY LinkNYC
• Students attend the Freedom and Citizenship Seminar presented by professors from Columbia and Princeton
• Students selected for LEADS, a summer internship from the Macquarie Group, the global investment bank and financial services company
• Student Spotlight: Deborah Oyede, DDC’20
• Media & Arts Course, in partnership with NBCUniversal and Young Audiences New York (YANY)
• College Tours
• College Discovery Day with mentors from Columbia and Barnard
• Student Spotlight: Clark Desire Jr. DDC’21, and his mother, Kaime Desire, PA President at A. Philip Randolph Campus High School